Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the benefits of a lost earring

so it must have been the 80's when I purchased a pair of 2" circle turquoise shell earrings. But in any case, somewhere along the way I lost one of the pair. I was getting tired of trying to find the other, and in my adventure of cleaning out the craft room closet, I again came upon this lone blue circle. Then it hit me! I got out the Circle Circus stamp set, some purple staz-on ink and stamped the wonderful bubbles all over it. The trick with a slippery surface and the staz-on is to go slowly and stamp in a deliberate motion that does not have too much pressure. Otherwise I could have slid the stamp right off the shell and made a messy purple smear that wouldn't have come out (staz-on is a bit permanent). After all the bubbles were applied, I picked out the D from Lovely Letters and got my white Staz-on. I was thinking about embossing the D but with the powder and the heat gun, it would have been a mess for sure. Now all I needed was a touch of Elegant Eggplant 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon. I tied it in a knot and attached it to the shell with a mini glue dot. I took off the earring hook and slid the thing onto a chain. Instant personalized monogram pendant!

No comments: