Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Olivia


One of my "Bubble Fairies" (or in regular terms: Flower girls) from my wedding turned 7 this past weekend. I had to make her a special card.

I started with Lovely Lilac and stamped the confetti from "Look who's Turning" stamp set all over the background. I then spritzed it with a solution of water mixed with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.

I then stamped my Monkey friend (Fox and Friends) in Chocolate Chip onto Whisper White. I used Lovely Lilac ink to stamp the greeting, the monkey's hat, and the confetti (all from Look who's Turning). I also used the spiral from "Lots of Bots" in chocolate chip. I did this because I stamped the monkey too high and I thought it would make him look like he belonged where he was.

I then stamped the "7" in Lovely Lilac and punched it with the small oval. I sponged around the edges and nested it with a large oval punch from Lilac. The scallop oval punch and the nested matt behind the monkey are Orchid Opulence.

The card went in the mail today, I hope she likes it!

No comments: