Monday, February 1, 2010

Curry Birthday

My cousin's wife had a birthday last week, so I made her this thirst-quenching card. I used 3 of the 6 In Colors, which all are so yummy looking. First, the card base is Crushed Curry. The matt layer is Rich Razzleberry with the Ticket Corner punch. The Ticket punch is so minor, but boy it does add just the right amount of zing sometimes.

Although you can't see it in this picture, I used VersaMark ink and stamped along the edges of the Rich Razzleberry using the vine stamp from Vintage Vogue. (Find Vintage Vogue in the new Occasions Mini Catalog) I dug out my almost forgotten Razzleberry Lemonade DSP and punched the edges with the new scallop trim border (a free Sale-a-brations gift). Using a small piece of Melon Mambo, the third In Color, I heat embossed another amazing stamp from Vintage Vogue with clear embossing powder. "Happy Birthday" is stamped in Rich Razzleberry below. I secured the silver brads, and silver flower designer brad to both the Melon Mambo and the Razzleberry papers. There is a Stampin Dimensional under the center of the mambo piece, which gives the mambo a bit of a waving banner feel. There is no adhesive besides the Dimensional, so I went with that and curled the ends of the Mambo strip.

The great thing about Stampin' Up! paper is that it is colored all the way through. This means that when you tear it or split it like I did here, there is no ugly white in the core. This looks so neat with the curl on the right, I just had to show you a close up.

I hope Alecia enjoyed her birthday and my card, even though it arrived late. oops

No comments: