Monday, January 18, 2010

January's Stamp Club

Thanks to Dr. King, I had the day off from work; so I planned out a sweet little Valentine's card for this week's Stampin' Sunday. I have some interesting friends, so they of course were interested in making an "Anti-Valentine's" card. I came up with the card base, and when the final touches are added, you choose how you feel about our Saint Valentine.

I mean, its not all cynical singles out there hatin' St. Val. I get that Hallmark has killed the idea of this day and turned it into a cash cow, and yeah, I don't dig on that either. BUTT... it is my first Valentine's Day as a married woman. AND this will be my first year as a Stampin' Up! Demo where I am actually ready to hit all the card holidays head on. Yes, I was slow to start, then I had big events happen like the purchase of my home, and the wedding of my lifetime. But those excuses are in the past now, and it's time to get dirty!

This February will mark the end of two full years with Stampin' Up! for me and I really need to get this ball rolling. Like I said, my excuses are done, but I also finally feel like I have a great stamping room, and it is filled with the right tools and toys, and I know how to use them! I have nothing else to stand in my way (until I have a baby anyway.....)

SO, here is the upcoming projects for this Sunday. I feel like the VD card with the red hearts, and the white shimmery background is nice and classic, and easy enough for newbies. And in the same suite, the ANTI VD card is just as handsome. It follows all the same techniques right up until the very last step... but the outcome is hugely different.

Red and white, classic Valentine. Perfect Plum: feels pretty without the over the top girlyness to it. Wouldn't you agree?

We are also making the slim calendar from the December Open House, you will love what you learn from me about what to do with it when the year is over...

So see you this Sunday, January 24th at 2pm. Bring a new stamping friend and get a free gift from me.

No comments: