Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fox and Monkey

Did you know that you can get 8 3x3 sized "Love Notes" out of one sheet of 12x12 paper, with no waste? I just love that! Don't forget, when you are making 3x3's you really have to cut your paper to 3x6, and score it at the 3. Otherwise, oooops!

So here we have Fox and Monkey. The set is really called Fox and Friends, and you can find it in the new Occasions Mini Catalog. (Give me a call to get your hands on it) I've decided I have to change the name of the stamp set because my husband cringes every time he hears me say "Fox and Friends". I blame my parents for becoming hoodwinked by Fox News. But I won't talk about that here, cause it's lame.

Anyway, as you can see, I've started trying to use up the extras from my wedding this past October. I made a mistake in my counting and ordered two packs of the Perfect Plum Patterns DSP. Then I cut all of it!!! Yikes. So I have a ton of 2x6 inch pieces of PP DSP. Under the monkey, you see he is mounted to a Perfect Plum label from the Bigz XL Matchbox die, which is also leftover from my wedding favors. That worked pretty well actually, but I wanted to see what the fox looked like under a Scallop Circle punch. Both friends are punched from the 1 3/8 circle punch. I used a Stampin' Dimensional to pop the friend off the little love note. I then stamped Thank you from Holidays and Wishes stamp set in Close to Cocoa, which is also the color of our furry friends.

Fox and Monkey have a few other friends as well, and while I think the monkey is my favorite, the owl is certainly hooty to have a chance on some paper. If you want to meet the other friends, or give this set a try, let me know, I can help you out.

No comments: