Friday, September 19, 2008

Spinner Birthday Card

I made a spinner card, finally! I always wanted to try this out and as soon as I saw "wow flowers" in the new catalog I knew this was the card to make. It was exciting to be doing this card.

The card base is Pixie Pink and all the other materials are Tempting Turquoise. I used the word window to make the track for the spinner, and to make the spinner itself I got to use the new Stampin' Up! Big Shot! The Sizzlets die I used was the "sparkle" which co-ordinates nicely with Wow Flowers.

To make a Spinner you need two pennies and some Stampin' Dimensionals. I sandwiched a dimensional between the 2 pennies and then put another one on top of the stack. I put the sparkle on top of the top dimensional and then added some glam with silver chunky glitter.

You'll need to bend the track a bit to fit the penny into it and after you stick down the track to your card, using dimensionals, you will have a fancy spinner card ready to get tilted!

To see step by step instructions, you can look on SplitCoastStampers.com. I'll try to post a link when I'm not in a restricted internet zone.

Here's that link. You can tell from my details above that I altered the instructions from the link. I think these instructions were made before the Word Window Punch was released.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/spinner_card/

enjoy!

No comments: