Saturday, September 27, 2008

60th Birthday beauty

Fixin’s:
Mother’s request for her best friend’s 60th birthday card.
Elegant Eggplant card base
Kraft DSP from the Hostess set Prints Pack
Basic Black, Lavender Lace, and Glossy White Papers
Craft Black Ink with Black Embossing Powder
Elegant Eggplant ink and Ribbon 1/4” Grosgrain
New Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware designer label with same punch
Re-inkers: Purely Pomegranate, Wild Wasabi, and Elegant Eggplant

Wacky Purchase you never thought you could use for crafting:
One baby wipe, minus the baby’s bottom

Stamp Set:
Upsy Daisy

Procedure:
fold the wipe into quarters and drizzle the re-inkers onto the fold.
wipe across the surface of the glossy white paper, being careful not to touch the paper too much.
let dry
Stamp and then gently heat emboss the flowers from Upsy Daisy
I didn’t know how the glossy paper would react to the heat gun, so when I say “gently”, I mean it.
Marvel at how cool your image looks.
Assemble card

Regret:
not having any good colors in re-inkers. Be sorry for the 2 retired colors, but know that you are putting them to use now, so it justifies you having bought them 5 months ago.

Last step:
show off this wonderful card and really admire how you pulled in the Vanilla Hodgepodge hardware piece with the dark image.

Oh and the very last step is to bask in the approval of this card and feel proud when mom tells you that her friend loved the card and passed it around to everyone at her party!

Thanks to:
me. For finally breaking down and getting this set even though I tried to ignore the need for it. Even though I tried to pretend that when I first saw it in August I didn't know I HAD to have it.

I know it is hard to purchase a set that has only one image, but Stampin' Up! wouldn't put out a set that was lacking. Upsy Daisy has 3 really good greetings, but it's that image, that one, single image, that is just to die for! Buy Upsy Daisy, it is more versatile than you think!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Very pretty! Love this technique!

Stampin Fairy said...

Thank you.

I saw it on SCS and was sad when I saw they wanted Craft re-inkers. But I tried it with Classic anyway, and it worked just fine!